Monday, March 19, 2012

Car Land Opens June 15


Ok, I know it's Disneyland and not Disney World, but it's definitely worth mentioning.  It has been announced that Cars Land, a new section of Disney California Adventure based on the movies, is scheduled to open on June 15
When I was in Southern California last June, I got to see some of the conceptual drawings, and to take a peek at the construction.  I have to say, it looks really well done.  Pixar is reknowned for their attention to detail in their films.  From what I've seen, it looks like Car Land will carry much of that over.

Giant slot car racing is the hallmark of any good theme park.
My regret is that I am a year too late to see it in southern California; I can only hope Disney eventually brings the concept to Orlando.  Of course, with the truckloads of money that the Cars franchise has brought in, one can expect it's only a matter of time.

The Springfields with McQueen and Mater at the future site of Cars Land.



No comments:

Post a Comment