Monday, April 16, 2012

Booking a WDW Hotel

This can go in the frustration pile.  I'm planning a big family trip for the beginning of January 2013.  As our little family has grown, we're looking for something with a bit more space than a standard bedroom.  Towards that end, I'm considering a suite of some sort.  The problem is knowing what I'm paying for.  Since each of these would cost me several thousand dollars, I'd like to get an idea of space to see if they would fit my family needs.  Here's what I've found.

Bay Lake Tower:  I've looked at the 1 and 2 bedroom suites here.  No frustration with this option as there are literally hundreds of pictures of these rooms.  This is probably because of how new the facility is and the amount of buzz they created when they opened.  As an aside, this is the only DVC I would consider.  They all look to be in similar shape to the Beach Club Villas, which is not a good thing.

Dolphin Executive Suite:  There are only a couple of pictures available here.  Everyone seems to use the same ones, which is very frustrating.  I actually booked this one, but I'm not happy that I don't have a crystal clear idea of what I'm buying ahead of time.  There is also a paucity of information RE: views.  It would be very tough to spend $500/night and have a view of a dumpster.

Yacht Club Junior Suite:  There are literally zero pictures of these rooms.  Apparently, there are two of them and they've changed the layout relatively recently.  Other than that, I know nothing other than the cost.

On the bright side, when we go I will take pictures of wherever we stay and they will be the only ones on the interweb.

No comments:

Post a Comment