Friday, April 27, 2012
Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Family Suite tour
The above video was posted yesterday on WDWMagic.com. I find the tour oddly captivating. I've watched the video at least 6 times between last night and this morning. Here are my thoughts:
* The master bedroom and living area look huge.
* I like the bed in the master bedroom and enjoy the decently sized bedside tables.
* The master bath is a good size and has a nice, modern clean look.
* The chair in the master bedroom also looks pretty comfortable and I'm glad they offer one.
* They went all in on the theme. Kids will love it.
* Murphy bed!
* They went all in on the theme. As an adult, I hate it. I think the colors are awful and look like an acid trip. Some of the artwork works, like the sleeping Nemo over the Murphy bed, but the rest doesn't.
* The pull out sofa looks very uncomfortable in sofa mode.
* The mini coffee tables look like something out of Ikea. Ditto for the table and chairs.
* The kitchenette looks out of place and could have been integrated much better into the space.
Overall, these look pretty good. With rack rates anywhere from $248 to $425, these look like a pretty good option for a family with needs for a larger space. I think the biggest drawback is the color scheme and theming. If that's a dealbreaker, it's probably best to look off-site or even at the Swan and Dolphin suites.