Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Star Wars Weekend in review

Unbeknownst to me, the weekend we had scheduled to be in the World also happened to be a Star Wars Weekend.  For those who don't know, Star Wars Weekends are weekends in the spring when Hollywood Studios takes on a heavy Star Wars theme.  There are Star Wars characters around the park for photos and autographs, there are special meet-and-greets, different shows, and the like.

Before going down, I was told that Star Wars Weekends are a time to avoid DHS.  I am glad I didn't listen!  Yes, it was very crowded, and yes, I didn't get on everything I wanted.  But on the other hand, there were some amazing sights to see.  What follows is a pictorial of our day.

Storm troopers provided security at rope drop.
You're never sure who you might meet around the park.
Even the usual characters got into the spirit!
Behind Rock n' Roller Coaster they erected a big store call "Darth's Mall." (hehe)  In addition to the usual Star Wars swag, they had a auction of some high art, including the painting above.
Waiting in line for a photo with Luke and the droids.  Unfortunately, R2 and C-3PO wouldn't stay out to get a picture with us...
...Though, 3PO came over to us and wished us a happy anniversary.  Here's the quick picture we snapped before he had to go in for his "oil bath."
A scene from the "Hyperspace Hoopla" show.  Now I can check "watch Darth Vader shimmy to Rock Party Anthem" off my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment