Friday, August 3, 2012

Food and Wine: Eat to the Beat Lineup

Below is a lineup of the Food and Wine Festival's Eat to the Beat Lineup series.  If you are going to be in the World during late September-mid November, the performance dates of each can be found over at WDW Magic.  I will save commentary for future posts, or perhaps Kip or Dutch will chime in with their thoughts.  Honestly, there are a lot of amusing choices to digest here, and could make for an interesting show topic.  For what its worth, there is quite a bit of former star power here.  To help, I have put what I believe is  one song that makes the group most famous (read: you would pissed if this was not part of their concert each night) and the year it was released. If I missed the mark on the song I picked, give me a shout at russ@mightymenofmouse.com.  

Night Ranger-"Sister Christian" (1983)
Sugar Ray-"Every Morning" (1999)
STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas-"We Built This City" (1985)
Boyz II Men-"Motownphilly" (1991)
Smash Mouth- "All Star" (1999)
Javier Colon, winner of "The Voice"-I went with "The Voice" and picked his cover of "Time After Time" (2011)
Air Supply-"All Out of Love" (1980)
Gin Blossoms-"Hey Jealousy" (1992)
Survivor-"Eye of the Tiger" (1982)
Hanson-"MMM Bop" (1997)
The Pointer Sisters-"I'm So Excited" (1982)
Sister Hazel-"All for You" (1997).  
Russ Note: Kip and I used to serenade our college dorm room with a stunning duet of "Champagne High" 
Billy Ocean-  "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" (1988).  This was a bit later in the B. Ocean phenomenon.  
38 Special-"Hold On Loosely" (1981)
Howard Jones LIVE-"Like to Get to Know You Well" (1984)
Blues Traveler "Run Around" (1995)
Dennis DeYoung, original member of STYX.  I suppose he gets credit for Styx, I am sure he  will play some of the songs at the concert-"Lady" (1974)
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy-"Go Daddy O" (1996)

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong this this? When I read the line-up myself I thought, "oh, Disney stole my iPod."

    ReplyDelete