Wednesday, August 15, 2012

France Pavilllion Food Overhaul



One of MMOM's favorite spots is the Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot's France pavilion.  Disney recently announced that the area will be undergoing a pretty major expansion by expanding the menu and adding 90 seats. This turns the location into a true "counter service" option.  The pavilion will also get an ice cream shop in what is the current Patisserie location.

I rather liked the "Soup Naziesque" feel to the current storefront.  Make your way down the line, pick your delicious pastry, pay and go enjoy Epcot.  It really doesn't feel like the type of place that needed a few additional "blah" sandwiches and sandwiches just to turn it into a dining destination.

Maybe Disney will surprise me and keep the additions unique, but I sense a lot of "turkey sandwich with American cheese and mustard" options more than I do truly "French" options in the future.   As always, I hope Disney proves me wrong.  The new bread oven could be a great start.

Have any thoughts on the changes to the France Pavilion. E-mail show@mightymenofmouse.com


No comments:

Post a Comment